Saturday, July 01, 2006

Canada Day and The Return to Writing


Been a little while since I've been a posting. Way too much in the way of French class and work. Writing has begun in earnest again. At present I'm tying up some lose ends with Glimpses of Honululu Blue, a short story I began back in 2002 while I was working at the ambassador bridge. I really liked the flow of the work, and the fluidity of the dialogue so I've been working on finishing it. Looks to be doable. Which is surprising after a four year absence from it.
The other piece is entitled Peru Salvagum, a Sci-Fi novel. Two chapters down and a bunch more to go. I've presently turned to Larry Neivin's classic Ringworld for a little sci-fi inspiration. Seems to be working. I am really enjoying his piece. Little less like my first person HST take on the imagined world. Still, it's holding my attention and bring up some great ideas for Peru.
It is Canada day, so I've decided to add a little picture of love from my homeland, strong and free. A shot from the Peace Fountain on the East side of the city of Windsor. I loved going here as a kid, even more and as a teenager and now long for it as an adult. Regardless, Bon Fete a ma pays seulement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home